Bed & Breakfast in a Mansion (Listed building)
1 Bedroom(s) - Maximum occupancy : 2 persons.
Theme : Professional, Romantic
Year of construction : 1700, Date of last renovation : 2008
Parking spaces : 1
- Property open from 10h to 24h.
Bed linen provided, Towels provided, Car Park, Housekeeping everyday, Internet access
Service not included
Bikes for hire, Airport transport upon demand, Picnic on request
Shared amenities and services available to renters Interior : VCR, DVD player, Stereo, Computer, Dial-up internet access, ADSL Internet, E-mail reception, Wifi, Kettle, Refrigerator, Baby cot on request Exterior : Barbecue, Terrace / Balcony, Bicycle provided, Outdoor furniture, Deckchair, Parasol
Best points The guest room is on the first floor at the rear of the house, and is very peaceful. The room, with private stairs and a corridor, has two single beds that can also be pushed together, a small bathroom with washbasin, toilet and shower, a sitting area with armchairs, television, DVD player, radio and CD player, alarm radio, a personal secure Internet connection, coffee and tea facilities, refrigerator, and a patio in the garden. Breakfast is served in our kitchen with a smuiger (a tiled fireplace) characteristic of the Zaan region. The price of the room is € 75 a night (€ 37.50 p.p.) including breakfast. The surcharge for a one-night stay is € 10.
We look forward to greeting you at our Bed & Breakfast 't Zaanse Koopmanshuis Anno 1694, in Koog aan de Zaan. Our attractive guest room and luxury guest apartment offer you an ideal base for both a visit to Amsterdam and an exploration of the surroundings. Our region, the Zaanstreek, offers a unique combination of water, wind and pastures, scenic beauty and factory odours, 17th Century wooden houses, churches, stately 19th Century merchant's houses and award-winning contemporary architecture, and rich heritage of windmills and industrial monuments. Moreover, the other attractions of the Province of Noord-Holland, with its dunes, beaches, polders, waterways and former Zuiderzee towns, are all within easy reach.
't Zaanse Koopmanshuis Anno 1694 is a 6-minute walk from Koog-Zaandijk railway station, with a direct link to Amsterdam Centraal railway station in the city centre.
Notices Pets not allowed, Smoking prohibited, No lift
Location Amsterdam : 8 km. River/ Lake : less than 50 m. Close to railway. Beach : 20 km, Village centre : 400 m / 1140 ft, Restaurant : 400 m / 1140 ft, Supermarket : 400 m / 1140 ft, Shops : 400 m / 1140 ft, Bus stop : 50 m
Activities onsite Mountain Biking / Cycling, Tennis, Fishing, Badminton, Equitation, , , . Activities in the vicinity Mountain Biking / Cycling, Canoeing, Winter hiking, Museum, Golf, Boat Trips, Equitation, Sea / ocean, Sailing, Municipal swimming pool, Tennis.
Means of access From Amsterdam: From the ring road (A10), follow the A7/A8 motorway towards Alkmaar. At the Zaandam intersection continue along the A8 motorway towards Alkmaar / Beverwijk, and leave the motorway at the exit Zaandijk/Koog aan de Zaan. On the exit road keep to the right, and at the end turn sharp right. At the T-junction, turn right under the viaduct and immediately after the viaduct turn left. At the next T-junction, turn left under the same viaduct. Drive past the factories: our house is the 2nd on the right, wood finished with green paint.
Important: the adjoining village of Zaandijk has a house with the same address. This house is also a wooden house of the Zaan type, but it's not our house! Our neighbours have a striking, large monkey bread tree in their garden - so if you don't see this tree, then you're at the wrong house. Turn round and drive past the De Bleeke Dood windmill via the Hoogstraat to the Lagedijk in Koog aan de Zaan. Our house is on the left, next to the garden with the monkey bread tree.
Hints and Tips Within 1500 metres of our house:
* The Zaanse Schans, an open-air museum which ranks amongst the Netherlands' top twenty tourist attractions, includes a large number of attractive houses from the Zaan region, eight windmills, a cheese dairy, a clog workshop, a number of museums, and restaurants with outdoor seating.
* 12 windmills, of which 9 are open to the public
* Mill museum with working scale models, a collection of paintings, and a wealth of information about windmills.
* Zaandijk and Haaldersbroek, two protected villages
* The Guisveld, Kalverpolder and, slightly further away, the Wormer- en Jisperveld, all protected nature areas
* Jetty with waterbus, offering cruises on the River Zaan
* Many walking and cycling routes (with route maps)
* Zaanhopper stop, a waterbus link with Wormerveer and Zaandam
* Bus stop (50 m), with a bus to Zaandam and Wormerveer
* NS railway station (600 m). The local train brings you Amsterdam Centraal, in the city centre, in just over 15 minutes Within a 30-minute drive:
* Sea, beaches and dunes (Wijk aan Zee, Castricum and Egmond) and, slightly further away, Zandvoort, Bloemendaal, Bergen and Schoorl
* Shopping in the beautiful city centres of Alkmaar, Haarlem and Purmerend
* Former Zuiderzee towns of Monnickendam, Volendam (and Marken), Hoorn and, slightly further away, Enkhuizen and Medemblik
* Many picturesque villages in the region, such as Middenbeemster, Jisp, De Rijp, Broek in Waterland, and the De Woude island
* In the spring, many flowering bulb fields and the Hortus Bulborum, a treasure trove of a large collection of historic flower bulbs
You can hire cycles from us for € 5 per day, together with route maps. We can also supply picnic baskets on request.